- Physical Panic Attacks - Individuals suffering from panic attacks get breathless, they feel nauseous, their chest gets heavy, they can feel dizzy, and they start sweating profusely.
- Sleep - Individuals dealing with anxiety either tend to lose sleep or oversleep. Loss of sleep is because the mind is stressed and always running with negative thoughts. Excessive sleep comes as a coping mechanism as a way to avoid the anxiety they are facing. Irrespective, both are equally hazardous for the body and overall well-being of the individual.
- Immunity - Anxiety over a prolonged period starts to take a toll on the immune system. Individuals tend to fall sick easily and then struggle to recover from the sickness.
- Cardiovascular - Panic attacks fuelled by anxiety can induce chest pain, palpitations, and a rapid heartbeat. More commonly, people experience a rise in blood pressure. Individuals with comorbid coronary issues are more likely to experience heart problems owing to anxiety.
- Digestive & Excretory Issues - The excretory and digestive systems are affected by anxiety too. Stomach ache, diarrhoea, and loss of appetite are some of the other symptoms of anxiety. Research also shows the possibility of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Withdrawal from Society - Anxiety-riddled individuals may withdraw themselves from society and everyone around them.
- Temperament - People with Anxiety tend to get annoyed quickly even at the smallest of things. They often tend to be irritated and restless.
- Overthinking - Anxiety will make people overthinkers and may induce paranoia even in the most common situations.
With the help of mental health professionals, you can overcome anxiety. With proper techniques and guidance, anxiety can surely be managed. Some practical tips that can help are:
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, slow breathing, meditation, yoga, and playing an instrument.
- Write down the thoughts that are causing the anxiety, then write down why those are inappropriate thoughts and if not, what justifies those thoughts. Keep doing this exercise.
- Immediately address the anxiety when it rises. Take help from a loved one.
These are just a few things you can do on your own. You can also get in touch with our best psychotherapists in Pune at Tending Minds. We'll help you deal with your anxiety and help improve your mental and physical health.